Last Update: 30.06.1919
- Kit: DH-112 Venom V2 Swiss Silver PNP (designed by Ready2Fly)
- Manufacturer: Freewing
- Material(s): EPO foam
- Status at Flying Tom: airworthy, is flown frequently
- Wingspan: 1’500 mm
- Length: 1’100 mm
- Flight Weight: 2’200 g
- Wing Area: n/a dm2
- Wing Load: n/a g/dm2
- Centre of Gravity: 105 mm
- Motor: 3748 – 1450 kv brushless outrunner (original)
- Fan: 90mm special metal ducted fan, 12 blades (original)
- Controller: 130A brushless ESC with 8A UBEC (original)
- Battery Connector: XT150
- Battery: 6s, 4000 – 4500 mAh
- Receiver: Spektrum AR8010T 8 channel telemetry
- Additional Telemetry: Spektrum Aircraft Telemetry GPS Sensor (SPMA9587)
- Landing Gear: retractable (original)
- Receiver voltage
- Flight pack (battery) voltage
- Flight pack temperature
- GPS (speed, position, distance to transmitter)
- Flying Tom’s related posts
13.05.2018: Purchased at www.hebu-shop.ch
26.05.2018: Successful maiden flight (see Freewing Venom – Erstflug mit „Aussenlandung“)
26.05.2018: Crash landing after 2nd flight during final approach with dead motor. Dropped with gear and flaps down from approx. 10 metres almost vertically (∼ 80º) into grain field.
Cause: Stall due to low speed. „Flame-out“ induced by controller because of low battery voltage.
Damage: Nose of fuselage and front gear swaged. Front wheel doors torn off and broken.
Repair: Cracks in EPO foam glued with Elapor. Doors to front wheel well including sequencer mechanism removed completely (see Freewing Venom – Erste Hilfe). Several flights in this configuration.