last update: 15.09.2018
- Kit: Taser UP (unplugged), wing colours red / white
- Manufacturer: PCM, Austria
- Fuselage: carbon fibre
- Wings: balsa / carbon fibre
- Status at Flying Tom: build in progress
(please note: KST X08 servo family is used instead of Robbe/Futaba FS31 Pico shown on this picture)
- Wingspan: 2’000 mm
- Flight Weight
- Manufacturer’s Specification: starting at 400 g
- Flying Tom’s Initial Estimate: 2 wings 125 g each + fuselage 54 g + tailplane 25 g + receiver 10 g + 4 servos 8 g each + battery 2s 7.4V 950 mAh 65 g + rudder steering linkage 10 g + small parts & wiring harness 25 g = 471 g
- Wing Area: 30.5 dm2
- Wing Load: starting at 13 g/dm2
- Centre of Gravity (CG): 60 – 68 mm (manufacturer’s specification)
- Longitudinal Dihedral (LD): 1.8° (manufacturer’s specification)
- Receiver: Jeti Duplex R5L EX
- Rudder / Elevator: 2 x KST X08 V 5.0
- Ailerons: 2 x KST X08H V 5.0
- Battery: Swaytronic LiPo 2S 7.4V 950mAh 35C/70C JST
Control Surface Settings
All figures in millimetres measured at the innermost (next to the fuselage) end of trailing edge of the respective control surfaces. Reference is the normal non-deflected position of the control surface.
- Physical Limits (steering linkage and servos installed, power off)
- Up: 20 mm
- Down: 30 mm
- Rudder / Elevator:
(below) Steering linkage and servo arm position for aileron up 20 mm.
(below) Steering linkage and servo arm position for aileron down 30 mm.
- PCM Taser F5J – Build Report: A lot of features of both, the Taser UP and the Taser F5J, are equal. There is no Flying Tom’s build report for the UP.
- PCM Taser UP model description
- PCM Taser UP manual